Other bloggers’ versions of V8813
- Thornberry: here & here (really like her gathered pockets)
- Sew Forward (note to self: check length before cutting & lengthen below pockets if needed)
- Particularly like Jilly Be Joyful’s version as it looks like jacket-over-sheath, which I know is slimming.
- Note to self: do centre front
gatherspleats before assembling (see Marcy Tilton’s video at bottom)
What do you think of my 2 stashed fabrics below, the darker rayon challis for outside, the mustard handkerchief linen for that central front panel?
- Do you think these will look and work well together?
- Think I could use the mustard for the back’s top panel? Or make the back all black challis?
examples from bloggers of other patterns with similar potential
- Annie Loves Linen: Green there and winter version here!
- Scruffy Badger: Central panel/arrow points up – great potential for adding height, take emphasis away from hips.
Designer Marcy Tilton did a video of how to sew & press the centre detail. It supposed to be teensy pleats, not gathers.
Just to clarify, here’s a video on gather from an American sewing magazine Threads’ editor.