May 2017 ~ Pattern companies come and go now with greater frequency than ever, so I cannot guarantee any links on this page.
Please note that inclusion on this list doesn’t indicate any recommendations on my part, but is simply a listing of things I’ve come across that might be useful to others. Suggest you check online resources to verify usability issues before making a purchase. I check each link to be certain it’s up-to-date before posting. Please send corrections & additions ~ thanks! Note ~ have included mainly women’s clothing pattern-makers. happy sewing! 😍
Last major update: 16 July 2014
- guthrie & ghani (Lauren from The Great British Sewing Bee, Series 1) haberdashery, classes
- Lutterloh Pattern System – system for drafting your own patterns
- Pattern Review – registered users group somewhat similar to Ravelry
- The Sewing Place – large number of independent designers including many who don’t have their own web site, or don’t sell directly to the public (see patterns by designer option)
- Schmetz – needles for more purposes than you’d imagine possible, including sergers/overlockers; extremely informative & helpful!
- Wade through Gutermann site’s options for your language & use. FYI ~ they make a 100% poly recycled thread w/no flying fibres or thick/thin spots
- Coats & Clark: Rather difficult to locate details, then they concentrate on which thread weight to use for which fibre; nothing about flying fibres & thick/thin spots