My library reference books for Lagenlook fitting, and many other sewing details (in no particular order) include:
- Fantastic Fit For Everybody: How to Alter Patterns to Flatter Your Figure, by Gale Grigg Hazen
- Style Is Not Size, by Hara Estroff Marano
- The Lost Art of Dress:The Women Who Once Made America Stylish, by Linda Przybyszewski
- Simplicity Sewing Book for Beginners and Experts, 1945
- Simplicity Sewing Book, 1937
- Singer Sewing Book, by Mary Brooks Picken, 1949
- New Simplicity Sewing Book, 1979
❤ ✂ ❤ Enjoy! ❤ ✂ ❤
- Schmetz – needles for more purposes than you’d imagine possible, including sergers/overlockers; extremely informative & helpful!
- Wade through Gutermann site’s options for your language & use. FYI ~ they make a 100% poly recycled thread w/no flying fibres or thick/thin spots
- Coats & Clark: Rather difficult to locate details, then they concentrate on which thread weight to use for which fibre; nothing about flying fibres & thick/thin spots
12 thoughts on “resources”
This list is so helpful! Thanks for including us!
thanks for stopping by, lovely mate!
enjoyed your interview w/curious kiwi~
so glad the list is helpful
now gotta get off me bum & get it finished
Thanks for the add!
You’re so welcome, Abby!
Thanks for stopping by & taking a gander.
Thanks for the shout out! 🙂
My pleasure – thanks for stopping by!
Here’s another one I just came across, for your list: http://www.sinbadandsailor.com/ 🙂
Thank you – thank you – thank you! 🙂
Added right away!
What a wonderful idea!! Thanks for putting this out! 🙂
blush – blush
Thank you! Must give all credit to a sewing group on Ravelry, who were asking for suggestions.
Ah, fine, but you are the one that took time to do it 🙂 i received your email by the way! Thanks 🙂 i just didn’t have time to reply yet… And still looking up those links… Haha!
don’t worry – know you’re busy!