Tag Archives: yarns

sunday sevens #21

Reminder: This is really this past week’s update. 😘

Women’s Hour last Monday had Mary Berry (The Great British Bake Off) as guest editor. One of the things discussed was the health benefits of gardening and crafts.

A physician guest said the medical profession can deal with about 30% of all the issues involved in wellness, but the creativeness of crafts and gardening can be very important in the other 70%.

In other words, crafting and gardening can be good for you!

Not necessarily on 90+℉ days, which have been scattered amongst the last two weeks, and more to come. . .

Here are a few photos I hope you’ll enjoy in comfort!

Natalie of Threads and Bobbins came up with the idea of Sunday Sevens. Anyone can join in, and you don’t have to do a post every Sunday or have 7 photos. As I demonstrate below.

 

 

 

 

sunday sevens #8

Natalie at Threads and Bobbins came up with the idea of Sunday Sevens.

Anyone can join in, and you don’t have to do a post every Sunday. Why not check out her site & try one, or a few, yourself?

I do my own version ’cause I like playing around with fonts & photo arrangements. You can do yours any way you like. 😉

Links from today’s edition:       Sew Deputy     

Sunday 7's

 

sunday sevens #7

Natalie at Threads and Bobbins came up with the idea of Sunday Sevens. Anyone can join in, and you don’t have to do a post every Sunday. Why not check out her post & try one, or a few, yourself?

I do my own version ’cause I like playing around with fonts & photo arrangements. But you can do yours any way you like. You can always look at a few examples from other sewing bloggers for more design ideas. 😉

Links from today’s edition:     Quilt store       Joann’s       Sew Deputy       trousers       Kona cotton       Maggie Righetti (US)   &   (UK)    

Sunday 7's

 

solid & daubed

Lily brand cotton sugar 'n cream, in potpourri & ecru

Lily brand cotton sugar ‘n cream, in potpourri & ecru

That describes the 2 balls of cotton yarn I located whilst shopping at Joann’s on Tuesday.

Haven’t cast on any wash cloths yet, but they’re on the list. 😉

Pssssssssst!

Decades of Style has released 2 new patterns & they’re on sale this weekend. Just so’s you know. 😀

Submitted for this week’s photo challenge from

summer in march?

summer trousers

summer trousers

Our weather just went from Sunday’s mid-50’s (around 12℃) to Tuesday’s 77℉ (25℃). Normal’s in the mid-60’s.

Last night I dug out those lovely summer donations from my friend, Ms. Karen, for a quick launder. Now to get out the blouses.

Backtracking a bit: After realizing my winter wardrobe had 1 solid blue sweater (jumper) I’d been looking for solid blue fabrics for tops for over a month, with no success.

Now look at the trousers on the left.

Cue theme from Jaws .  .  .  .

Me Made May approacheth, the month of wardrobe reckoning . . . and I’m not ready.  😳

Karen from Did You Make That advises, Never make orphans (a piece that doesn’t coordinate with something else in your wardrobe). Great advice. Unfortunately following it is proving difficult.

Problem is there are so many gorgeous patterns and neh-va the correct (dare I write “boring”?) solid colour I need.

What to do .   .     .

quilt shop

quilt shop

New decor being almost as high a priority as wardrobe, friend & fellow sewer Ms. Karen & I went to the quilt shop where I got my fabric last week. I wanted to get more for a curtain, and maybe something else for a couple of pillows.

Then we decided to have lunch over in the area where there’s a large Joann’s, and look around afterward. It was almost a repeat of our trip last December, but this time I found more than just pillows, thanks to Ms. K’s eagle eye & our similar taste in colours.

to be continued!

 

This slideshow requires JavaScript.