First, the BIG news: That cold front from Canada is pushing into the area.
HUGE THANK YOU ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! 😍🥰😍
And so we go from 100 plus to low 80’s (or from over 40 to 20’s).
The Not So Good News is the heat seems to have migrated over to dear U.K. and European regions. That is seriously NOT a Good Thing. 😾 🤬 😾
An update on mending…
I dug out my book on mending and discovered 12 pages on mending knits. TWELVE pages! At the very end I discovered another suggestion, which seemed more practical (meaning a lot less hassle than reweaving).
Deciding that cotton embroidery would be too heavy for this light weight knit, I remembered ribbon embroidery and did a quick search for some books at the library. Nada. 😳
Then I remembered I had a book on ribbon embroidery from ages ago (1995). Surely I hadn’t tossed it out…
Nope, found it and started working through the endless bits of a large unsorted collection of ribbons and laces and such. Spent lots of time pulling out bits of lacy stuff and placing on green knit. Just for effect, you know… and didn’t like any of it.
I did manage to find two ribbons that might look okay, then wondered if I had enough for the repairs.
Time to get serious and count how many holes there are:
- 3 on back right shoulder
- 1 on back left shoulder
- 2 on lower back toward center
- 11 on lower front right
I think a lot of the joy just left . . . . .