This didn’t get published last month, so am putting it here.
Happy New Year, all! I spent it tucked up with Hamish Macbeth, a creation of author M.C. Beaton, and due back at the library.
Meanwhile, back in Renfrew land . . . .
I found a nice little stash of leftover bamboo fabric and made a new neck band. Ta-dah!
Although now I’m noticing a crossed eye effect if I look at the pattern across the front for very long.
I left the sleeves extra long so I could roll them up easily when doing dishes, etc. Wound up cutting off those wrist bands when I discovered how long was too long.
Might have enough to make a sleeveless version for summer… will have to decide which way I want those lines to go. On second thought, as this isn’t 4-way stretch, better keep them as is.
Which brings me to another Renfrew that’s just gotten fixed. I discovered the bottom band of my very first orange Renfrew wasn’t cut with the maximum stretch going around the body. (Me conserving fabric. NOT.)
That lack of stretch made taking it off a pain. So it didn’t get worn. And it was just a tad too short, so it really didn’t get worn.
However, I discovered more of that same fabric too, and effected a fix: I cut off the offending band after cutting a wider one using the stretch of the fabric. In the end, no fabric got saved, but I have another wearable Renfrew. And another good lesson learnt.
Oh, the things we gotta remember whilst trying to be smart. 😳