Managed an update over the weekend, and a save – not bad! (click a pic for all the details)
What’s on the table just now? What’s not is my denim hat. Remember the hat? It’s on hold, awaiting horsehair braid . . . (no, it’s not real horsehair).
The machine’s currently threaded for a new duster, using handkerchief linen from stash.
(Pattern? Good question. One of the Big Four and very basic: front, back, sleeve, front & neck facings. From California days and I didn’t save it. I had one cut out and made a pattern from those pieces.)
Since linen ravels so badly this had to have french seams, which means double the work.
Not satisfied with that, I decided to add a bit of shoulder seam detail. And if you believe that, I’ve got a bridge . . . 😄
Then there was that one sleeve that had to be pieced to fit the limited fabric…
So its slow sewing this week, and lots and lots and lots of ironing between seaming and seaming and seaming.
Remind me not to do french seams on a fabric that has no right or wrong side. . .
(click a pic for all the details)