Note-This shoulda been a monday or tuesday post, but was too busy to put it up – apologies for not feeling like writing this week, & saving them all up for today – my bad ! On a brighter note, you’ve the whole weekend to catch up. he-he!❤
There’s just something about the camaraderie all 8 contestants displayed that’s knocked a big hole in many people’s hearts around the globe. If you’re one of those with withdrawal pangs, here’s a wee bit more detail. And lots more piccies!
❤❤ Faithful Readers know I’m a fan of Debi over at My Happy Sewing Place. Her partner, David, has written a beautiful guest post of his observations of the show, having accompanied Debi to Lauren’s Grand Opening last weekend, when many of the contestants also came to help out. As a man who doesn’t sew, he had time to observe and reflect on what was happening. It’s inspiring reading! ❤❤
the sewers, in alpha order
- Ann is on Ravelry, and has ventured into quilting
- Jane’s gorgeous handbags are available online
- Lauren’s shop sells online & has just opened in Birmingham, U.K.
- Mark & his wife spend their evenings making historic costumes for themselves
- Michelle is a young mum & makes unique fashions for herself & her baby
- Sandra continues to sew for herself & her 3 daughters… and has started her own label
- Stuart writes a quilting column for a monthly magazine, and holds quilting workshops around the U.K., including at Lauren’s store
- Tilly is publishing her own patterns, has a very popular blog, and also does workshops at Lauren’s store
- May Martin has taught at Denman College (Women’s Institute Academy) since 1995
- Savile Row’s Patrick Grant is a director of a bespoke menswear firm and has absorbed their high level of workmanship
- Claudia Winkleman is well-known for hosting BBC programmes, including Strictly Come Dancing & The Arts Show with Claudia Winkleman
BBC-2 aired the programmes, and this is their site. Note that I’ve tried several times to view clips on their site and have only gotten to see 1 or 2. Not certain if it’s because I’m not in England, or if the site was overloaded with requests to view.