For once I found a crochet pattern easy enough to attempt. Am pleased meself took time to rip out until the subtle design appeared correctly. Sorry I didn’t make note of the pattern or designer’s name. Might be local as I didn’t find anything when I searched for the name back in November (when I was planning this slightly delayed post).
Made it bigger, as yarn was in the stash, and knew I wanted to be able to pull it down over my ears when it’s really cold. Content of yarn is 50% cotton, 50% rayon, so it’s very soft and has a slight sheen.
Threaded some narrow elastic through the sections to check and see if my idea was totally crackers, then sewed some ribbon onto the elastic & started threading it through. (above)
Not quite completed, but wanted to get something out to indicate I did do stuff even if I wasn’t posting… Also kept up reading everyone else’s blogs, just didn’t have time to reply. Apologies to all!